This job is no longer available
Qualified Social Worker (Physical Disabilities)
4Social Work has an exciting Qualified Social Worker position that has become available within Physical Disabilities Services we are seeking a skilled and motivated individual to work within a challenging yet rewarding role for our client based in Berkshire
The position will be initially for 3 Months, but is likely to be extended due to the nature of the work.
Duties May Include:
• Assist with the effective and efficient provision of Community Care assessments, care planning and care management within your service area.
• Participate in the provision of a service to manage incoming work to the team, including the provision of specialist support and input where appropriate.
• Carry out and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary input into Community Care Assessments and/ or re-assessments, producing written Statements of Need.
• Carry out care planning for people who have received Community Care Assessments, producing written Care Plans with clear outcomes and which promote independence, as appropriate.
• Acting as Care Manager, be responsible for monitoring and reviewing Care Plans in accordance with the needs of your service area.
• Provision of community care and other social work services for adults by ensuring the use of all appropriate resources from the Department, the Council, other agencies and non-statutory organisations, taking account of eligibility criteria and cost guidance.
• Assist in the identification and recording of unmet need.
• Referral on to other social work teams where services for children and their families, including child protection, and people with mental health problems are required. Joint working with other social workers where there are implications for other service user groups.
• Assist with developing and maintaining effective partnership arrangements with a number of GP practices and Primary Care Teams, where appropriate for the service area.
• Assist with the development of links with Registration and Inspection Units where appropriate for the service area
• Attendance at meetings, case reviews, conferences, working parties and training courses as required.
• Assist in the running and development of approved projects, including developing and maintaining links with local communities, other agencies and voluntary organisations.
• Prepare written reports and carry out casework recording in accordance with national and departmental standards.
• Give appropriate advice on welfare rights issues as required, referring on for specialist advice as necessary.
• Assist in the safeguarding of service users cash and valuables in accordance with departmental procedures.
• To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post.
Please note that this is a qualified position so you will need a social work degree/masters or equivalent, be GSCC registered and have relevant experience for this role. Any applications received without meeting these minimum criteria will not be considered.
• Competitive rates
• Bonuses for your loyalty and referrals
• Training opportunities and professional development
• Full support by an expert Social Work Consultant team
Upon registering with 4Social Work you will need to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK, certificates of qualifications, 3 forms of Identity (1 must be registered to your current address), Overseas police check if applicable and proof of National Insurance, a clear enhanced CRB, references covering the last 5 years and a full CV covering and explaining any gaps in your employment history and also having the reasons for leaving your previous posts.
If you are looking for your next role, whether newly qualified or at management level, please email us your CV and job reference ASAP.
If you have a friend/colleague you feel would be capable of filling this role, why not refer them and earn up to £250!* t&c apply.
Who Cares? We Do.