Our client provides a full range of home care services to the elderly and to people who need help and support at home because of illness or disabilities.
They have an excellent reputation for providing a high quality, reliable and friendly service that is delivered with the sensitivity and respect that the service users deserve.
They require a Branch Manager to join their team at their office in Oxford to manage the local branch.
Responsibilities / Duties
- To be responsible for management and allocation of work and resources within the Branch and to maintain their effective operation at all times whilst maximising available resources.
- To undertake the effective management and administration of the Branch.
- With the Operations Director, set up adequate financial, budgetary control, and business planning/review systems. To maintain these systems and keep within cash limited budgets.
- To be the responsible officer for financial and budgetary control, within the Branch.
- To have overall responsibility for a balanced and efficient Staffing Rota, working teams and the fair distribution of work.
- To ensure that staff hours worked, training, sickness and Annual Leave are adequately and accurately recorded and to ensure that correct information and documentation is passed to the Accounts department to enable weekly and monthly staff wages to be paid, and invoices raised.
- To work with the Management team to monitor staff performance and absenteeism and work positively to maintain high standards of both performance and good attendance.
- To work with the Operations and HR Directors on staff Probationary and Performance Appraisals.
- To conduct and manage the process of recruitment and appointment of all care staff; ensuring all Company polices are adhered to.
- To be responsible for the arranging and chairing of regular Staff Meetings and delegating the recording of minutes of such meetings.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the Branch offices and premises are kept in a clean, tidy and well-maintained condition, that required repairs are carried out, and that all equipment, fittings and furniture are of an adequate standard and are properly maintained.
- To provide detailed written assessments of the needs of each Service User and to provide all management and statistical information. To prepare, maintain and review all Person Centred Plans and Care Plans and to see the same is done properly by others within SCS.
- To advise, be advised by, liaise, work and cooperate with Service Users, their family and friends, other care and health professionals, to ensure full and proper communication between the same and the proper discharge of company responsibilities to all Service Users.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Experience of running a domiciliary agency
- Direct care delivery
- NVQ Level 3 H&SC minimum
- NVQ Level 4 H&SC preferred
Extras / Bonuses
You will be entitled to:
- £3,000 branch bonus
- Private Health Insurance
- 20 + 8 days holiday
- Opportunity to study for Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Business travel at 25p per mile
Please get in touch if you feel this role is for you!