This job is no longer available
Cardiff Children’s Services – Better Outcomes for Children
Cardiff Children’s Services was awarded the top award in the Social Care Accolades in 2011. Our project to retain staff and rebuild expertise within Children’s Services by supporting newly qualified social workers won the ‘Effective Recruitment and Retention’ Accolade. Some of the initiatives which contributed to our success in recruiting and retaining staff are:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training opportunities
- Regular Supervision and performance review scheme
- Effective inter-agency working with statutory and independent agencies
- Innovative Coaching Project for Core Assessments and Care Proceedings
- Family Support Services that are growing and developing
- Family friendly and flexible working polices
Team Manager (Intake and Assessment) - Post Ref: CH50003573
Grade 10: £36,676 - £39,351
Due to a number of internal promotions and increased funding in the area of Children’s Services we are looking to recruit to a number of posts in the Intake and Assessment, Case Management, Looked after Children and Child Heath and Disability teams. The remit of the teams are as follows:
- Intake and Assessment – This is the first point of contact. The work involves Initial Assessments, Core Assessments and Section 47 Investigations.
- Case Management –these teams work with Children In Need of support, safeguarding and protection.
- Looked After Children – these teams work with children who are looked after by the local authority, including unaccompanied asylum seeking children and care leavers
- Child Health and Disability – this team provides assessment of need and provision of services to disabled children with complex needs. The team works closely with colleagues in allied agencies.
Applications are welcomed from candidates with a Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification, with post qualification experience of working as a social worker in Children’s Social Care. There are also other essential criteria for the posts that are detailed in the relevant person specification. You will also need to be registered with the Care Council for Wales or the English or Scottish equivalent. Please note that if you are not registered with the Care Council for Wales then you will need to arrange this registration to work in Wales.
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced checks.
This post is suitable for job share.
We welcome applications in both English and Welsh.
If you require further information on this post please contact any of the following:
Sarah Woelk – 02920 873622, Debbie Martin-Jones – 02920 578918, Andrew Haley – 02920 536373
To apply for this position please click on the 'Apply now Button'
Closing date : 6th September 2013
CARDIFF - A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE AND WORK