Community Care Assistants (Regaining Independence Service) - Chichester & West Sussex
Community Care Assistants (Regaining Independence Service)
full and part time hours available
Chichester, West Sussex
£14,250 - £19,750
ECL, the Care and Wellbeing Company and Community Provider of the Year 2015, are looking for caring and committed individuals to work in Chichester and surrounding areas including, Worthing, Horsham, Crawley, Brighton, and Bognor Regis.
We are looking for people to join our Regaining Independence Service as Community Care Assistants, to provide short term care designed to help customers regain and maintain their independence and support our customers to live at home in a safe, secure and comfortable way.
As Community Care Assistant you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide practical, physical, emotional and social support and coaching to customers to achieve their desired outcomes.
- Ensure that customers have choice and control over the service/s they receive, the outcomes they wish to achieve and are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Support customers within a variety of settings, including: The customer’s home and their local community; Essex Cares’ Hub and Spoke buildings; and Training and voluntary employment settings, including catering, hospitality, printing, packaging, administration.
- Identify appropriate equipment to support independent living. Ensure that all support and services are provided to customers and are delivered using enabling techniques that enable customers to learn (or re-learn) and maintain skills.
- Develop and maintain good communication with customers, families and carers. Where required providing support to families and carers to help achieve and maintain the customer’s desired outcomes.
- To have a clear understanding of professional boundaries and safe working practices and to demonstrate these in the performance of the role.
- To record and feedback customer progress against their desired individual outcomes.
- Developing and maintaining strong links with colleagues and other professionals, e.g. GPs, District Nurses, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Social Workers, Transport Providers, Schools, Colleges, as well as Voluntary and Third Sector organisations.
Full and part time hours are available with a variety of shift patterns available between 7am-11pm, 365 days per year.
So if you enjoy working as a team player in a challenging but rewarding environment, why not apply today? No experience is required for the right individuals as full training is provided.
In return for your commitment and hard work, we offer you excellent benefits which include:
- Competitive pay
- Permanent contract offered
- 45p Per mile Business Mileage
- Paid travel time
- Free DBS check
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Up to £300 Refer a friend scheme
- Health Care Cash Plan
- Full & comprehensive induction
- Free uniform and personal protective equipment supplied
- Full in house Training
- Ongoing Training & Career development
- Real job satisfaction
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
All appointments are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be paid for by ECL. As you will need to travel, the use of a car for work purposes is essential.
ECL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Closing date 28/12/16
More jobs like this
- £15,000 - £19,999 Support Worker Adults jobs in West Sussex
- £15,000 - £19,999 Support Worker Families jobs in West Sussex
- £15,000 - £19,999 Support Worker Learning Disabilities jobs in West Sussex
- £15,000 - £19,999 Support Worker Mental Health jobs in West Sussex
- £15,000 - £19,999 Support Worker Older People jobs in West Sussex